Listed below are just a few examples of the many thousands of websites related to stem cell research, including:
- The International Society for Stem Cell Research, which offers a Stem Cell Primer as well as information on stem cell research and issues both nationally and internationally.
- The National Institutes for Health (NIH), which provides guidelines for human embryonic stem cell research as well as a compilation of frequently asked questions.
- Links to foundations and organizations with a disease-specific interest in stem cell research, such as the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation, the Christopher Reeve Foundation, and the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
- A range of universities, institutes, and organizations with a special focus on or interest in stem cell research.
International Society for Stem Cell Research — The Basics
This section of the ISSCR website contains a Stem Cell Primer, a glossary, and an FAQ section.
National Institutes of Health — Backgrounder
This section of the NIH website will lead you to their FAQs, a Stem Cell Backgrounder, and much more.
National Institute of Health — Stem Cell Lines
This site lists the human embryonic stem cell lines approved by the U.S. Federal Government for use in research.
National Academy of Sciences
This site contains the “Guidelines for Human Embryonic Stem Cell Research.”
Other Federal Government Information
Universities and State Institutes
· California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM)
· Coalition for the Advancement of Medical Research (CAMR)
· Harvard Stem Cell Institute
· Stem Cell Institute of New Jersey
· University of Wisconsin-Madison
Foundations and Funding Agencies
· Christopher Reeve Foundation
· Diamond Blackfan Anemia Foundation
· Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
· Multiple Sclerosis Foundation
· Muscular Dystrophy Association
· Leukemia-Lymphoma Association
International Institutes, Networks and Resources
The listing of specific site links on this webpage is offered as a courtesy. Neither Children’s Hospital nor the Stem Cell Program at Children’s Hospital is responsible for the content or information contained on such sites. Inclusion on this webpage does not imply or constitute any warranty regarding the accuracy of information on these sites or any services they may provide.